Perch Dissection Worksheet Answers – 5. Examine the two creases on either side of the head. These flaps are the operculum. They cover the flowers, which absorb oxygen and filter the water. write them down
7. How many legs does each have? Two sacral, two pelvic, two anterior, one rectal, one caudal.
Perch Dissection Worksheet Answers
8. Every fan has a purpose. what is this Pectoral: Up and down control. pelvic: controls movement. Back: Turn quickly, stay straight. Anus: Stimulates movement, helps with sharp ends.
The Digestive System Of An Animal
9. Find the neckline. Using a magnifying glass, examine the line and the surrounding area. Draw and label this line.
10. Using your finger, lift the edge of the operculum and lift it up as far as you can. Using your scissors, cut the operculum as close to the eye as possible. You have discovered the flowers. The flowers are stacked one on top of the other. Using your probe, carefully lift each of these parts. How many layers are there?
12. You will cut away a part of his motorcycle to expose the internal organs. Hold your fish, hold it with one finger on one side and one finger on the other side. Raise your hand to expose the ventral surface. Using your scissors, insert the tip into the skin in front of the anus. Cut the front of the flowers. Be careful not to destroy any internal organs, as many of them are in this area. Place your fingers in the open cut and lift up, separating the bottom from the top. Using the scissors, cut the top of the anus towards the operculum. Cut from each end to the skin surface to create a flap of skin and muscle. Complete the incision along the lateral line and remove the tissue flap.
13. Fish have a two-celled heart. Find the organ behind and below the flowers. Mark these parts.
Intermediate Perch Dissection
Part 2 – Ventricle. Purpose – To pump blood from the heart throughout the body.
15. Find the digestive system in the form of a tube. Start at the back of the mouth in an area called the pharynx. This area leads to the opening of the gallbladder or the esophagus. This area is elastic and can stretch when the fish is alive.
16. This length can allow fish to eat things that may be very large or eat a lot at one time.
20. Follow the intestine to the anus. Locate the kidney, located at the base of the spine. It is used to rid the body of nitrogenous waste products. Check the intestines, rectum, and kidneys.
Trout In The Classroom
21. The swim bladder is the last known organ. It is located between the gonads and the kidneys. The function of the bladder is to control the amount of water in the fish so that it is palatable. Fish of the class Osteichthyes have a bony skeleton. There are three groups of bony fish: ray-finned fish, lobe-finned fish, and lungfish. Perch is an example of grilled fish. Their legs have white spokes of cartilage and/or bone support. The fins help the boat move faster through the water and not capsize. The perch also has a regular body shape that makes it well-adapted for moving around in the water. All ray-finned fish have bladders that allow them to sink or rise in the water. The swim bladder also regulates the amount of gases in the fish’s blood. Perch have strong jaws and strong teeth to catch and eat prey. The yellow perch feeds mainly on the ground and bites slowly. They eat everything, but they prefer minnows, insect larvae, plankton and worms. Perch move in schools, often in the hundreds.
The scientific name for yellow perch, often used in research, is Perca fluorescens (perca means “dark”; floescens means “golden in color”). The sides of the yellow perch are yellow-green with six to eight black vertical stripes and a white to yellow belly. On the side of the fish is the neck line. Click here to learn more about the bottom line and its features. Yellow perch have small teeth, but not large teeth. Yellow perch hatch from mid-April to early May, laying their eggs in trees or underwater, carelessly. The egg is laid in a large sticky gelatinous mass.
Holding hanger, dissecting tray, scalpel, scissors, forceps, broken microscope, ejector pin, wire, ruler, or miter stick
There are four sets of flowers on each side of the hanger, as seen in the image above.
Biol330 Lab 1
Shark dissection worksheet answers, perch dissection lab answers, starfish dissection worksheet answers, perch dissection lab worksheet, rat dissection worksheet answers, frog dissection worksheet answers, heart dissection worksheet answers, grasshopper dissection worksheet answers, perch dissection worksheet, perch dissection answers, perch dissection lab worksheet answers, crayfish dissection worksheet answers